Effect of orientation of an annular channel on heat exchange in the boiling of nitrogen under conditions of free motion
Heat transfer and the boiling crisis of nitrogen are studied in an annular channel given different orientations; the effect of the gap size on heat-transfer characteristics is explained.
KeywordsNitrogen Heat Transfer Statistical Physic Boiling Heat Exchange
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. A. Kirichenko, K. V. Rusanov, and E. G. Tyurina, “Study of heat transfer in the boiling of nitrogen with free motion in vertical annular channels,” Inzh.-Fiz. Zh.,46, No. 6, 885–890 (1984).Google Scholar
- 2.S. G. Sydoriak and T. R. Roberts, “Study of boiling in short narrow channels and its application to design of magnets cooling by liquid H2 and N2,” J. Appl. Phys.,28, No. 2, 143–148 (1957).Google Scholar
- 3.V. E. Keilin, E. Yu. Klimenko, and V. Kh. Shleifman, “Heat transfer in the boiling of helium in narrow channels of different orientation,” Inzh.-Fiz. Zh.,24, No. 3, 425–426 (1973).Google Scholar
- 4.S. Sato and H. Ogata, “Boiling heat transfer to liquid helium in inclined channels,” Cryophysics and Cryoengineering. I. I. R. Comm. 1 Meeting. Tokyo, 1970. Bull. I. I. R. Annex 1970-2, pp. 119–123.Google Scholar
- 5.G. B. James, K. G. Lewis, and B. J. Haddock, “Critical heat fluxes for liquid helium boiling in small channels,” Cryogenics,10, No. 6, 480–485 (1970).Google Scholar
- 6.I. P. Vishnev, O. A. Sedov, and I. A. Filatov, “Calculation of the nucleate boiling crisis of helium-1 in inclined channels,” Dep. in VINITI (All-Union Institute of Scientific and Technical Information) 22.02.1977, No. 2697-77, Minsk (1977).Google Scholar
- 7.M. N. Wilson, “Heat transfer to boiling liquid helium in narrow vertical channels,” Liquid Helium Technology, I. I. R. Comm. 1 Meeting, Boulder, Colorado, 1966. Bull. I. I. R. Annex 1966-5, pp. 109–114.Google Scholar
- 8.S. D. Korneev, “Study of hydrodynamics and heat transfer in boiling in slit channels with simulation of a weak gravitational field,” Author's Abstract of Candidate's Dissertation, Engineering Sciences, MVTU, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 9.I. I. Chernobyl'skii and Yu. M. Tananaiko, “Heat transfer in the boiling of liquids in an annular channel,” Zh. Tekh. Fiz.,26, No. 10, 2316–2322 (1956).Google Scholar
- 10.E. Ishibashi and K. Nishikawa, “Saturated boiling heat transfer in narrow spaces,” Int. J. Heat Transfer,12, No. 8, 863–893 (1969).Google Scholar
- 11.V. V. Utkin, “Experimental study of boiling in slit curved channels,” in: Physical Hydrodynamics and Thermal Processes, Inst. Teplofiz. Sib. Otd. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Novosibirsk (1980), pp. 85–91.Google Scholar
- 12.A. D. Korneev and S. D. Korneev, “Approximate theory of heat transfer and hydrodynamics during boiling under constrained conditions,” in: Heat Transfer and Hydrodynamics during Boiling and Condensation, Inst. Teplofiz. Sib. Otd. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Novosibirsk (1979), pp. 215–216.Google Scholar
- 13.V. V. Tsybul'skii, “Study of the mechanism, heat transfer, and crises of nucleate boiling of cryogenic liquids,” Author's Abstract of Candidate's Dissertation, Engineering Sciences, FTINT AN Ukrainian SSR, Kharkov (1978).Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1985