Influence of nonideal plate contact on heat transfer in compact heat exchangers
- 38 Downloads
The experimental data obtained here and the corresponding analysis indicate the need to take account of thermal resistance in the contact zone of plates with the cooling system of the heat exchanger. This applies, above all, to heat exchangers of highly conducting material, in which the heating is from the unribbed plate, or multilayer heat exchangers. In these cases, stricter requirements must be imposed to ensure high-quality thermal contact of the plates with the cooling system.
KeywordsExperimental Data Heat Transfer Statistical Physic Heat Exchanger Thermal Resistance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. I. Subbotin, V. F. Gordeev, V. V. Kharitonov, and A. A. Plakseev, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,279, No. 4, 888–891 (1984).Google Scholar
- 2.V. N. Fedoseev, O. I. Shanin, Yu. I. Shanin, and V. A. Afanas'ev, Teplofiz. Vys. Temp.,27, No. 6, 1132–2238 (1989).Google Scholar
- 3.Kedl and Sparrow, Tr. ASME, Ser. C,108, No. 1, 15–24 (1986).Google Scholar
- 4.Kheggs, Tr. ASME, Ser. C,106, No. 1, 200–203 (1984)Google Scholar
- 5.Dryden, Lovanovich, and Dikin, Tr. ASME, Ser. C,107, No. 1, 31–36 (1985).Google Scholar
- 6.Antonetti and Lovanovich, Tr. ASME, Ser. C,107. No. 3, 7–14 (1985).Google Scholar