Time to ignite a gas with a friction spark
- 36 Downloads
The authors examine a simplified model of unsteady thermal ignition of a gas by a friction spark (or a hot body) in order to find the ignition time.
KeywordsStatistical Physic Ignition Time Thermal Ignition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. S. Kravehenko and V. A. Bondar (eds.), Explosive Safety of Electrical Discharge and Friction Sparks [in Russian], Nedra, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 2.A. G. Merzhanov, B. I. Khaikin, and G. K. Shkadinskii, “Establishing a steady flame distribution during ignition of a gas with a heated surface,” Zh. Prikl. Mekh. Tekh. Fiz., No. 5, 42–48 (1969).Google Scholar
- 3.Ya. B. Zel'dovich, “A theory of ignition,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,150, No. 2, 283–285 (1963).Google Scholar
- 4.E. S. Shchetnikov, Physics of Gas Comubstion [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1965).Google Scholar
- 5.V. N. Viklyunov and L. B. Sidonskii, “A theory of ignition of condensed systems by a hot surface,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,152, No. 1, 131–133 (1963).Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1987