Effective transport coefficients in a disperse medium with ellipsoidal inclusions
- 17 Downloads
Expressions are obtained for the steady-state conductivity tensor for moderately concentrated heterogeneous materials with ellipsoidal inclusions.
KeywordsStatistical Physic Heterogeneous Material Transport Coefficient Disperse Medium Conductivity Tensor
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. K. Batchelor, “Transport properties of two-phase materials with random structure,” Ann. Rev. Fluid Mech.,6, 227 (1974).Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. A. Buevich, Yu. A. Korneev, and I. N. Shchelchkova, “On the transport of heat or mass in a dispersed flux,” Inzh.-Fiz. Zh.,30, 979 (1976).Google Scholar
- 3.A. Rocha and A. Acrivos, “The effective thermal conductivity of dilute dispersions of highly conducting slender inclusions,” Q. J. Mech. Appl. Math.,26, 217 (1973).Google Scholar
- 4.I. N. Shchelchkova, “Effective thermal conductivity of a heterogeneous medium with ellipsoidal inclusions,” Zh. Prikl. Mekh. Tekh. Fiz., No. 1, 107–111 (1974).Google Scholar
- 5.I. N. Shchelchkova, “On the macroscopic description of transport processes in finely-dispersed systems,” Author's Abstract of Candidate's Dissertation, Physicomathematical Sciences, IPM, Academy of Sciences of the USSR (1979).Google Scholar
- 6.E. A. Mityushov, R. A. Adamesku, and P. V. Gel'd, “Calculation of electric and magnetic characteristics of monocrystals from data on the properties of polycrystals,” Izv. Akad. Nauk, Met., No. 4, 161–163 (1983).Google Scholar
- 7.E. A. Mityushov, R. A. Adamesku, and P. V. Gel'd, “On the relations between the kinetic properties of monocrystals and textured polycrystals,” Inzh.-Fiz. Zh.,47, 418 (1984).Google Scholar
- 8.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, Electrodynamics of Continuous Media, Pergamon Press, Oxford (1960).Google Scholar
- 9.Yu. A. Buevich and Yu. A. Korneev, “On the transport of heat and mass in a disperse medium,” Zh. Prikl. Mekh. Tekh. Fiz., No. 4, 79 (1974).Google Scholar
- 10.Yu. A. Buyevich, “On the thermal conductivity of granular materials,” Chem. Eng. Sci.,29, 37 (1974).Google Scholar
- 11.Yu. A. Buevich and V. G. Markov, “On steady transport in fibrous composite materials,” Inzh.-Fiz. Zh.,36, 828 (1979).Google Scholar
- 12.G. K. Batchelor, “Stress generated in a nondilute suspension of elongated particles by pure straining motion,” J. Fluid Mech.,46, 813 (1971).Google Scholar
- 13.A. Rocha and A. Acrivos, “Experiments on the effective conductivity of dilute dispersions containing highly conducting slender inclusions,” Proc. R. Soc. London, A337, 123 (1974).Google Scholar
- 14.Yu. A. Buevich, S. L. Komarinskii, V. S. Nustov, and V. A. Ustinov, “Structural-mechanical properties and the effective permeability of fissured materials,” Inzh.-Fiz. Zh.,49, 818 (1985).Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1987