Method of designing a mold with porous cooling
- 46 Downloads
A description is given of the design of a roll-type mold for the production of metal strip. The mold is cooled through the use of an evaporation-condensation cycle. The method described for the design of the structural elements of the mold is based on ensuring the required transport of the working fluid to the thermally loaded zone. The characteristics of strips of aluminum alloys cast on the mold are given.
KeywordsAluminum Statistical Physic Mold Aluminum Alloy Metal Strip
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.“Method of cooling rotating rolls,” Japanese Patent Application No. 61-43148, 1982. Izobr. Stran Mira, No. 9 (1986).Google Scholar
- 2.A. I. Veinik, Permanent Mold [in Russian], Minsk (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.“Device for the production of metal strip,” Inventor's Cert. No. 1,452,649 SSSR: MKI B 22 D 11/06.Google Scholar
- 4.A. N. Abramenko, A. S. Kalinichenko, M. A. Antonevich, and É. D. Sychikov, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh.,55, No. 1, 117–122 (1988).Google Scholar
- 5.É. A. Gurvich, N. P. Zhmakin, A. S. Kalinichenko, et al., Metallurgy, Minsk (1989), pp. 88–90.Google Scholar
- 6.L. Tong, Heat Transfer in Boiling and Two-Phase Flow [Russian translation], Moscow (1960).Google Scholar
- 7.J. M. Adams, A Study of the Critical Heat Flux in Accelerating Pool Boiling System, NSF-19697, Univ. Washington (1962).Google Scholar
- 8.L. L. Vasil'ev, V. G. Kiselev, Yu. N. Matveev, and F. F. Molodkin, Heat Exchangers Based on Heat Pipes [in Russian], Minsk (1987).Google Scholar
- 9.M. A. Mikheev and I. M. Mikheeva, Principles of Heat Transfer [in Russian], Moscow (1973).Google Scholar