Mathematical model of the kinetics of thermal degradation of polymers with intensive heating
- 40 Downloads
A modified equation is proposed to describe the kinetics of the thermal degradation of polymers with allowance for temperature limits for the polymers. A physical interpretation of the model is given.
KeywordsPolymer Mathematical Model Statistical Physic Thermal Degradation Physical Interpretation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.O. F. Shlenskii, Thermal Properties of Glass-Fiber-Reinforced Plastics [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1973).Google Scholar
- 2.O. F. Shlenskii, “Thermal decomposition of polymeric materials,” J. Thermal Analy.,28, No. 2, 421–430 (1983).Google Scholar
- 3.O. F. Shlenskii, A. G. Shashkov, and L. N. Aksenov, Thermophysics of Materials Which Undergo Degradation [in Russian], Énergoatomizdat, Moscow (1985).Google Scholar
- 4.V. P. Skripov, E. N. Sinitsyn, P. A. Pavlov, et al., Thermophysical Properties of Liquids in the Metastable State [in Russian], Atomizdat, Moscow (1980).Google Scholar
- 5.H. Savada, Thermodynamics of Polymerization [Russian translation], Khimiya, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar
- 6.G. M. Bartenev, Strength and Fracture of Polymers [in Russian], Khimiya (1979).Google Scholar
- 7.V. L. Gilyarov and A. B. Pakhomov, “Analysis of the mechanism of loss of stability in the model of a unidimensional crystal,” Fiz. Tverd. Tela,23, No. 6, 1569–1572 (1981).Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. G. Boreskov and O. F. Shlenskii, “Effect of rotation of end carbon atoms on the thermal degradation of polyethylene,” Submitted to VINITI, No. 5534-82.Google Scholar
- 9.A. A. Askadsiii and Yu. I. Matveev, Chemical Structure and Physical Properties of Polymers [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1983).Google Scholar
- 10.O. F. Shlenskii and É. F. Vainshtein, “Study of the kinetics of thermal degradation of polymers with high heating rates,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,281, No. 3, 660–664 (1985).Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1986