Flow in the initial segment of a tube with a sharp leading edge
- 21 Downloads
Visualization is used to study the three-dimensional structure of detached flow in the initial segment of a circular straight tube with a sharp 90°-angle leading edge. It is demonstrated that at Re > 75.103 there is no attachment of the separated shear layer, while a secondary flow develops at the wall.
KeywordsStatistical Physic Shear Layer Secondary Flow Initial Segment Leading Edge
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. A. Panov and A. I. Shvets, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 2, 140–143 (1967).Google Scholar
- 2.E. N. Pis'mennyi, Inzh. Fiz. Zh.,47, No. 2, 28–34 (1984).Google Scholar
- 3.V. M. Legkii and V. D. Burlei, Teploenergetika, No. 9, 86–88 (1976).Google Scholar
- 4.M. Molkey and E. M. Sparrow, Teploperedacha,105, No. 4, 188–196 (1983).Google Scholar
- 5.E. M. Sparrow and N. Kerr, Teploperdacha,105, No. 3, 100–109 (1983).Google Scholar