Effect of variation of the physical properties of the gas on the stability of laminar nonisothermal flow in a channel with permeable walls
- 14 Downloads
An investigation is made into the stability relative to small perturbations of a quasideveloped gas flow with variable physical properties in a plane channel in the presence of heating or cooling.
KeywordsStatistical Physic Small Perturbation Plane Channel Permeable Wall Nonisothermal Flow
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. R. Doughty and H. C. Perkins, “Variable properties laminar gas flow heat transfer in the entry region of parallel porous plates,” Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer,16, No. 3, 663–668 (1973).Google Scholar
- 2.V. N. Varapaev and V. I. Yagodkin, “Flow stability in a channel with permeable walls,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 5, 91–95 (1969).Google Scholar
- 3.V. M. Eroshenko, L. I. Zaichik, and V. B. Rabovskii, “Flow stability in a plane channel with uniform injection or suction through permeable walls,” Inzh.-Fiz. Zh.,41, No. 3, 436–440 (1981).Google Scholar
- 4.V. M. Eroshenko, L. I. Zaichik, and I. B. Zorin, “Calculation of the drag and heat transfer associated with the laminar motion of an incompressible fluid with variable physical properties in a porous-walled tube in the region of quasideveloped flow,” Inzh.-Fiz. Zh.,39, No. 3, 462–467 (1980).Google Scholar
- 5.M. A. Gol'dshtik and V. N. Shtern, Hydrodynamic Stability and Turbulence [in Russian], Nauka, Novosibirsk (1977).Google Scholar
- 6.D. M. McEligot, L. W. Ormand, and H. C. Perkins, Jr., “Internal low Reynolds-number turbulent and transitional gas flow with heat transfer,” Trans. ASME J. Heat Transfer, Ser. C,88, No. 2, 239–245 (1966).Google Scholar
- 7.Kuhn and Perkins, “Turbulent-to-laminar transition for pipe flow with significant variation of the physical properties,” Teploperedacha,92, No. 3, 198–204 (1970).Google Scholar
- 8.Bénkston, “Transition from turbulent to laminar gas flow in a heated tube,” Teploperedacha,92, No. 4, 1–2 (1970).Google Scholar
- 9.H. Schlichting, Boundary Layer Theory, McGraw-Hill (1970).Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1985