Organometallic synthesis in the furazan series 1. Functionalization of 3-methyl-4-R-furazans
The possibility of synthesizing functionally substituted furazans by alkylation of lithium derivatives of 3-methyl-4-R-furazans was investigated. It was shown that one or both methyl groups of 3,4-dimethylfurazan could be lithiated and alkylated. A series of previously unknown furazan derivatives was obtained.
Keywordsfurazan lithiation alkylation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Yu. Sizov and A. B. Sheremetev, Proceedings of the Fifth Moscow Conference on Organic Chemistry and Technology, Moscow (1989), p. 209.Google Scholar
- 2.R. M. Paton, in: Comprehensive Heterocyclic Chemistry, A. R. Katrikzky and C. W. Rees (eds.), Vol. 6, Pergamon, Oxford (1984), p. 393.Google Scholar
- 3.L. C. Behr, Chem. Heterocycl. Comp.,17, 283 (1962).Google Scholar
- 4.D. Boyer, Heterocyclic Compounds, Vol. 7 [Russian translation]. Mir, Moscow (1965), p. 357.Google Scholar
- 5.K. L. Stuart, Heterocycles,3, 651 (1975).Google Scholar
- 6.W. Sliva, Heterocycles,22, 1571 (1984).Google Scholar
- 7.B. A. Tertov and Yu. V. Koshchienko, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 2, 147 (1988).Google Scholar
- 8.I. V. Tselinskii, S. F. Mel'nikova, S. N. Vergizov, and G. M. Frolova, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 1, 35 (1981).Google Scholar
- 9.R. G. Micetich, Canad. J. Chem.,48, 2006 (1970).Google Scholar
- 10.R. A. Olofson and J. S. Michelman, J. Org. Chem.,30, 1854 (1965).Google Scholar
- 11.N. S. Vul'fson, V. G. Zaikin, and A. I. Mikaya, Mass Spectrometry of Organic Compounds [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1986), p. 110.Google Scholar