Investigation of adjuvant properties of Fab fragment of heterologous IgG
- 18 Downloads
The Fab fragment of human IgG can stimulate the immune response of rabbits to sheep's red blood cells. The adjuvant properties of the heterologous Fab fragment were weaker than those of the homologous Fab fragment. It was also less effective in activating the rabbit complement system both in vitro and in vivo. These results confirm the fact established previously that the adjuvant properties of Fab fragments correlates with their ability to activate the complement system.
Key WordsFab fragments homologous and heterologous IgG homoreactant immune response
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Ya. Kul'berg, L. M. Bartova, and N. E. Shmeleva, Byull. Éksp. Biol. Med., No. 6, 70 (1971).Google Scholar
- 3.A. Ya. Kul'berg, L. M. Bartova, Yu. P. Reznikov, et al., Byull. Éksp. Biol. Med., No. 7, 72 (1975).Google Scholar
- 5.N. K. Jerne, A. A. Nordin, and C. Henry, in: Cell Bound Antibodies, edited by B. Amos and H. Koprowski, Philadelphia (1963), p. 109.Google Scholar
- 8.A. Ya. Kul'berg (A. J. Kulberg), D. N. Evnin and I. A. Tarkhanova, Immunology,30, 177 (1976).Google Scholar
- 11.I. A. Tarkhanova and A. P. Konikov, J. Hyg. Epidem. (Prague),1, 387 (1957).Google Scholar