Role of histamine H2 receptors in the mechanism of formation of experimental gastric ulcers induced in rats by various stressors
- 14 Downloads
Dystrophic lesions of the gastric mucosa were observed to be formed and the pepsinogen content was reduced by 57% in the gastric mucosa of rats exposed to various experimental stressors (immobilization with electrical stimulation, immobilization at 6°C, trauma to or ligation of the pylorus). and the changes correlated with the degree of injury to the stomach. Pharmacological blockade of H2 receptors by cimetidine (100 μmoles/kg) and methiamide (410 μmoles/kg) largely prevented the formation of experimental ulcers and the decrease in the pepsinogen level. The results indicate that endogenous histamine participates in the mechanism of formation of dystrophic gastric lesions.
Key Wordshistamine H2 receptors experimental gastric ulcers pepsinogen stress
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. V. Anichkov, I. S. Zavodskaya, E. V. Moreva, et al., in: Neurogenic Dystrophies and Pharmacotherapy [in Russian], Leningrad (1969), p. 56.Google Scholar
- 2.S. V. Anichkov, The Selective Action of Mediators [in Russian] Leningrad (1974), p. 212.Google Scholar
- 3.L. L. Grechishkin and T. K. Mustafina, Byull. Éksp. Biol. Med., No. 3, 31 (1970).Google Scholar
- 4.I. S. Zavodskaya, Byull. Éksp. Biol. Med., No. 1, 26 (1954).Google Scholar
- 5.O. N. Zabrodin, Annual Report of the Institute of Experimental Medicine for 1961–1962 [in Russian], Vol. 7–8, Leningrad (1963), p. 212.Google Scholar
- 6.R. B. Strelkov, A Method of Calculating Standard Error and Confidence Intervals, of Arithmetic Means by Means of a Table [in Russian], Sukhumi (1966).Google Scholar
- 7.M. L. Anson and A. E. Myrsky, J. Gen. Physiol.,16, 69 (1932–1933).Google Scholar
- 10.L. R. Dragstedt, in: Surgery of the Stomach and Duodenum, Boston (1962), p. 461.Google Scholar
- 13.S. J. Konturek, T. Demitrescu, T. Radecki, et al., in: International Symposium on Histamine H2 Receptor Antagonists, London (1973), p. 247.Google Scholar