Heat transfer during laminar fluid flow in a pipe with radiative heat removal
- 37 Downloads
The heat-transfer problem is analyzed for laminar fluid flow in the initial section of a circular pipe having a parabolic entry velocity distribution and heat removal by radiation from the surface of the pipe. Analytical relations are derived for the criterion Nu as a function of the longitudinal coordinate and for its limiting value Nu∞, as a function of the radiation parameter Φ.
KeywordsRadiation Heat Transfer Statistical Physic Fluid Flow Velocity Distribution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. Nusselt, Z. VDI,54, 1154–1158 (1910).Google Scholar
- 2.R. Siegel, E. M. Sparrow, and T. M. Hallman, Appl. Sci. Res.,7, No. 5 (1958).Google Scholar
- 3.B. S. Petukhov, Heat Transfer and Drag for Laminar Fluid Flow in Pipes [in Russian], Énergiya (1967).Google Scholar
- 4.L. S. Leibenzon, Trudy TsAGI, 240 (1935).Google Scholar
- 5.S. M. Targ, Fundamental Problems of Laminar Flow Theory [in Russian], Gostekhizdat (1951).Google Scholar
- 6.J. C. Chen, Internat. J. Heat and Mass Trans.,9 (May, 1966).Google Scholar