Cross sections for the photodisintegration of a deuteron and neutron capture by a proton calculated for the case of nonlocal potential
- 38 Downloads
The processes of deuteron photodisintegration by a gamma-quantum and the radiative capture of a neutron by a proton with the emission of a gamma-quantum are considered. Interaction between nucleons is described by a nonlocal potential of the Yamaguchi type but allowing for repulsion due to the nucleon cores. In contrast to other potentials, the Schroedinger equation is solved exactly for the proposed potential. The potential is more exactly defined in comparison with the previously obtained values for the parameters; information on this potential is important in solving certain fundamental problems in nuclear theory. The effective cross sections for photodisintegration of a deuteron and for radiative capture are computed. Calculations show that the proposed potential makes it possible to describe the photodisintegration processes quite accurately for intermediate (up to 20 MeV) energies. The cross section computed for radiative capture is in somewhat better agreement with experiment than is the same cross section determined for other potentials.
KeywordsFundamental Problem Neutron Capture Radiative Capture Effective Cross Section Schroedinger Equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. Gomes, J. Walecka and V. Weisskopf, Ann. Phys.,3, 241, 1958.Google Scholar
- 2.Structure of the Atomic Nucleus [in Russian], Part 1, IL, Moscow, 1959.Google Scholar
- 3.Y. Yamaguchi, Phys. Rev., 95, 1628, 1954.Google Scholar
- 4.B. B. Dotsenko and V. M. Salasyuk, Izv. AN SSSR, ser. fiz.,26, 1097, 1962.Google Scholar
- 5.A. N. Mitra and V. L. Narasimhan, Nucl. Phys.,14, 407, 1959/60.Google Scholar