Gasdynamic control of arc motion
- 23 Downloads
It is shown experimentally that by modifying the gas flow field in the inner electrode of a vortical plasmotron, it is possible to improve the efficiency of electromagnetic scanning of the arc and diminish the erosion of the electrode. The prospects of gasdynamic scanning for creating a plasmotron with a long service life is discussed.
KeywordsStatistical Physic Flow Field Service Life Electromagnetic Scanning
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Electric Arc Plasmotrons. Prospectus [in Russian] (edited by M. F. Zhukov), Novosibirsk (1977).Google Scholar
- 2.S. L. Camacho, in: Proc. of the International Workshop on High-Temperature Plasma Tests in the Processes of Materials Treatment, Frunze (3–9 September) (1990).Google Scholar
- 3.Patent No. 966103 (Great Britain), MKI H05 B7/18, published 03.08.64.Google Scholar
- 4.Patent No. 1520365 (Great Britain), MKI H05 B7-12, published 09.08.78.Google Scholar
- 5.M. F. Zhukov, A. S. Koroteev, and B. A. Uryukov, Applied Dynamics of a Thermal Plasma [in Russian], Novosibirsk (1975).Google Scholar
- 6.A. N. Saburov, Aerodynamics and Convective Heat Transfer in Cyclone Heaters [in Russian], Leningrad (1982).Google Scholar
- 7.A. I. Sudarev and A. N. Timoshevskii, in: Thermophysical Investigations [in Russian], Novosibirsk (1977), pp. 94–98.Google Scholar
- 8.A. V. Bolotov, É. D. Degraf, and V. N. Musolin, in: Abstracts of Papers Submitted to the 7-th All-Union Conf. on Low-Temperature Plasma Generator, Pt. 1, Alma-Ata (1977), pp. 50–53.Google Scholar
- 9.L. I. Sharakhovskii and V. N. Borisyuk, in: Abstracts of the Papers of the Submitted to the X-th All-Union Conf. on Low-Temperature Plasma Generators, Pt. 1, Minsk (1986), pp. 79–80.Google Scholar