Electrochemical reduction of some compounds of two-coordinate phosphorus and arsenic in an aprotic medium
- 39 Downloads
The electrochemical reduction of a series of compounds of two-coordinate phosphorus and arsenic with linear structure was investigated for the first time. The main polarographic characteristics indicate irreversibility of the electrode process and its complication by kinetic limitations. The products of controlled-potential electrolysis were analyzed, and schemes are presented for the electrochemical reduction, which consists in hydrogenation with cleavage of the P=E bond of most of the studied compounds (1,2, and4) and in cleavage of the CAr-P bond in sterically hindered compound3. The electrolysis products underwent further transformation in the presence of oxygen and moisture of air.
Keywordstwo-coordinate phosphorus two-coordinate arsenic electrochemical reduction controlled-potential electrolysis aprotic media steric factors
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. Matschiner, A. Nzschach, and A. Steinert,Z. Anorg. Allg. Chem. 373, No. 3, 237 (1970).Google Scholar
- 2.J. M. Saveant and Binh Su Khac,J. Electroanal. Chem. 88, No. 1, 27 (1978).Google Scholar
- 3.L. M. Kisil', I. M. Osadchenko, and A. P. Tomilov,Zh. Obshch. Khim. 46, No. 11, 2431 (1976).Google Scholar
- 4.Ya. A. Levin, Yu. M. Kargin, V. S. Galeev, and V. I. Sannikova,Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., No. 2, 411 (1968).Google Scholar
- 5.V. G. Mairanovskii, L. V. Fokina, A. A. Vakulova, and G. I. Samokhvalov,Zh. Obshch. Khim. 36, No. 7, 1345 (1966).Google Scholar
- 6.G. A. Savicheva, M. B. Gazizov, and A. V. Il'yasov,Zh. Obshch. Khim. 38, No. 5, 1093 (1968).Google Scholar
- 7.H. Matschiner, F. Cotta, B. R. Voigteander, and H. Schilling,J. Prakt. Chem. 319, No. 4, 561 (1977).Google Scholar
- 8.G. A. Vagina, Candidate's Dissertation, Chemical Sciences, Kazan' (1985), p. 48.Google Scholar
- 9.Phosphorus-31 NMR Spectroscopy.Methodological Development [in Russian], Mosk. Gos. Pedagog. Inst., Moscow (1986), p. 149.Google Scholar