Separation of non-newtonian liquids by thermal diffusion
A transport equation has been derived for a mixture of non-Newtonian liquids showing power-law flow; the optimum separation conditions in a thermal-diffusion column in the presence of parasitic convection have been defined.
KeywordsConvection Statistical Physic Thermal Diffusion Transport Equation Separation Condition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. R. Sergienko, D. I. Érnepesov, et al., Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,190, No. 5 (1970).Google Scholar
- 2.R. Grasselli, G. R. Brown, and C. E. Plymale, Chem. Eng. Prog.,57, No. 5 (1961).Google Scholar
- 3.M. M. Kusakov, A. Yu. Koshevnik, et al., Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,158, No. 5 (1964).Google Scholar
- 4.C. Jones and W. Furry, Isotope Separation by Thermal Diffusion [Russian translation], IL, Moscow (1947).Google Scholar
- 5.Z. P. Shul'man, Convective Heat and Mass Transport in Rheologically Complex Liquids [in Russian], Énergiya, Moscow (1975).Google Scholar
- 6.G. D. Rabinovich, R. Ya. Gurevich, and G. I. Bobrova, Separation of Liquid Mixtures by Thermal Diffusion [in Russian], Nauka i Tekhnika, Minsk (1971).Google Scholar
- 7.I. G. Semakin, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 4 (1972).Google Scholar
- 8.G. D. Rabinovich and R. Ya. Gurevich, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh.,22, No. 5 (1972).Google Scholar