Reduction of hydrodynamic resistance by surfactants
Experimental results are given on reducing the hydrodynamic resistance in a flowing liquid by adding surfactants; the effects are ascribed to micelles.
KeywordsSurfactant Statistical Physic Flowing Liquid Hydrodynamic Resistance
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. Karol Mysels, Chem. Eng. Propr. Symp. Ser.,67, No. 111 (1971), p. 45–49.Google Scholar
- 2.G. K. Patterson, J. L. Zakin, and J. M. Rodriguez, Industrial and Engineering Chemistry,61, No. 1, January (1969), p. 22–30.Google Scholar
- 3.Jacques L. Zakin, Michael Porch, Aviel Brosh, and Moshe Warshavsky, Chem. Eng. Propr Symp. Ser.,67, No. 111 (1971), p. 85–89.Google Scholar
- 4.I. L. Povkh and A. B. Stupin, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh., No. 1, 59–65 (1972).Google Scholar
- 5.Practical Colloidal Chemistry [in Russian], Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 6.K. Shiroda, T. Nakagaway, B. Tamamushi, and T. Isemura, Colloidal Surfactants [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1966).Google Scholar
- 7.I. T. El'perin, B. M. Smol'skii, and L. I. Levental', Izv. AN BSSR, Ser. Tekh., No. 3, 42–48 (1965).Google Scholar
- 8.I. L. Povkh and A. B. Stupin, Zh. Prikl. Mat. Tekh. Fiz., No. 1, 63–68 (1972).Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1976