Reduction of hydrodynamic resistance by surfactants
- 8 Downloads
Experimental results are given on reducing the hydrodynamic resistance in a flowing liquid by adding surfactants; the effects are ascribed to micelles.
KeywordsSurfactant Statistical Physic Flowing Liquid Hydrodynamic Resistance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. Karol Mysels, Chem. Eng. Propr. Symp. Ser.,67, No. 111 (1971), p. 45–49.Google Scholar
- 2.G. K. Patterson, J. L. Zakin, and J. M. Rodriguez, Industrial and Engineering Chemistry,61, No. 1, January (1969), p. 22–30.Google Scholar
- 3.Jacques L. Zakin, Michael Porch, Aviel Brosh, and Moshe Warshavsky, Chem. Eng. Propr Symp. Ser.,67, No. 111 (1971), p. 85–89.Google Scholar
- 4.I. L. Povkh and A. B. Stupin, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh., No. 1, 59–65 (1972).Google Scholar
- 5.Practical Colloidal Chemistry [in Russian], Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 6.K. Shiroda, T. Nakagaway, B. Tamamushi, and T. Isemura, Colloidal Surfactants [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1966).Google Scholar
- 7.I. T. El'perin, B. M. Smol'skii, and L. I. Levental', Izv. AN BSSR, Ser. Tekh., No. 3, 42–48 (1965).Google Scholar
- 8.I. L. Povkh and A. B. Stupin, Zh. Prikl. Mat. Tekh. Fiz., No. 1, 63–68 (1972).Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1976