Complexes of PdCl2 with phosphoryl- and thiophosphoryl-substituted phosphines as catalysts for the hydrocarboxylation of olefins
- 26 Downloads
The influence of the ligands Ph2P(CH2)mP(X)Ph2 (L), where m=1, 2 and X=O, S, on the rate and regional selectivity of the hydrocarboxylation of α-olefins has been investigated, catalyzed by PdCl2, in a series of organic solvents. A high regional selectivity of the process (>80%) for products with normal structure has been achieved by using L with m=2, X=O. The influence of the ligand used and of triphenylphosphine on the properties of the catalytic system in the given reaction has been compared.
Keywordshydrocarboxylation palladium chloride complexes bidentate diphosphines catalysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. S. Petrov,Zh. Fiz. Khim. 62, No. 10, 2858 (1988).Google Scholar
- 2.A. V. Protchenko, T. E. Kron, A.D. Karpyuk, É. S. Petrov, E. N. Tsvetkov, and I. P. Beletskaya,Zh. Obshch. Khim. 56, No. 1, 90 (1986).Google Scholar
- 3.US Patent No. 4,687,874;Ref. Zh. Khim., 17N169P (1988).Google Scholar
- 4.B. R. Serebryakov, T. K. Plaksunov, V. R. Ansheles, and M. A. Dalin,Higher Olefins. Production and Applications [in Russian], Khimiya, Leningrad (1984).Google Scholar
- 5.N. A. Bondarenko, M. V. Rudomino, and E. N. Tsvetkov,Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., No. 9, 2180 (1990).Google Scholar
- 6.N. A. Bondarenko, M. V. Rudomino, and E. N. Tsvetkov,Synthesis, No. 2, 125 (1991).Google Scholar
- 7.S. J. Jenkins and B. L. Shaw,J. Chem. Soc. A, No. 6, 770 (1966).Google Scholar
- 8.S. J. Higgins, R. Taylor, and B. L. Shaw,J. Organomet. Chem. 325, No. 2, 285 (1987).Google Scholar
- 9.G. Cavinato and L. Toniolo,J. Mol. Catal. 10, 161 (1981).Google Scholar
- 10.A. D. Karpyuk, É. S. Petrov, and I. P. Beletskaya,Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 285, No. 2, 389 (1985).Google Scholar
- 11.H. Yoshida, N. Sugita, K. Kudo, and J. Takezaki,Bull. Chem. Soc. Jpn. 49, No. 8, 2245 (1976).Google Scholar