Polyimides from complexes of benzophenonetetracarboxylic acid diesters with diamines. 5. Mechanism of thermal cyclization of H-complexes
- 25 Downloads
The results of a study, by thermal mass spectrometric analysis and NMR spectroscopy, of the polycondensation of H-complexes are presented from which it is possible to propose a mechanism for the reaction. It is shown that conversion of the H-complexes into polyimides takes place through the formation of intermediate zwitterions with an amino acid bond after initial separation of methanol, following which elimination of water commences in one stage to form an imide ring. The role of theortho position of the functional groups in the acid ester during the formation of the hydrogen bond is discussed.
KeywordsH-complex polyimide dimethyl ester of 3,3′,4,4′-benzophenonetetracarboxylic acid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. N. Artem'eva, E. A. Smirnova, E. N. Kukarkin, N. V. Mikhailova, G. V. Lyubimova, V. V. Kudryavtsev, and M. M. Koton,Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., No. 11, 2462 (1989).Google Scholar
- 2.T. I. Borisova, N. A. Nikonorova, V. N. Artem'eva, E. A. Smirnova, E. N. Kukarkin, V. V. Kudryavtsev, and M. M. Koton,Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., No. 3, 534 (1990).Google Scholar
- 3.V. N. Artem'eva, P. I. Chupans, E. N. Kukarkin, V. V. Kudryavtsev, and M. M. Koton,Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., No. 5, 1006 (1991).Google Scholar
- 4.V. N. Artem'eva, V. V. Kudryavtsev, E. N. Kukarkin, et al.,Plast. Massy, No. 4, 32 (1990).Google Scholar
- 5.M. M. Koton, V. N. Artem'eva, T. D. Glumova, et al.,Zh. Prikl. Spektrosk.,47, No. 4, 623 (1987).Google Scholar
- 6.L. A. Shibaev, Yu. N. Sazanov, N. G. Stepanov, et al.,Vysokomol. Soedin.,24A, No. 12, 2543 (1982).Google Scholar
- 7.B. I. Ionin, B. A. Ershov, and A. I. Kol'tsov,NMR Spectroscopy in Orgnaic Chemistry [in Russian], Khimiya, Leningrad (1983), p. 180.Google Scholar
- 8.M. I. Bessonov, M. M. Koton, V. V. Kudryavtsev, and L. A. Laius,Polyimides — A Class of Heat-Stable Polymers [in Russian], Nauka, Leningrad (1983).Google Scholar
- 9.Handbook of Chemistry, Vol. 2, Khimiya, Leningrad (1964).Google Scholar
- 10.Handbook of Chemistry, Vol. 3, Khimiya, Leningrad (1964).Google Scholar
- 11.A. J. Gordon and R. A. Ford,A Chemist's Companion. A Handbook of Practical Data, Wiley-Interscience, New York (1972).Google Scholar