Investigation in the field of cyclohexylphenyl ethers
- 16 Downloads
1,4-Dicyclohexyloxy- and 1,3-dicyclohexyloxybenzene and the cyclohexyl ether of 3-bromophenol were synthesized.
In the reaction of potassium phenolate with bromocyclohexane at 190°, o-cyclohexylphenol is obtained instead of the expected cyclohexylphenyl ether.
KeywordsEther Potassium Phenolate Cyclohexyl Bromocyclohexane
- 1.I. I. Kursanov, Zh. Russk. Fiz. -Khim. O-va,48, No. 2, 1172 (1916).Google Scholar
- 2.S. Skraup and W. Befluss, Ber.,60, 1073 (1927).Google Scholar
- 3.W. Schrauth and K. Görig, Ber.,56, 1904 (1923).Google Scholar
- 4.W. Schrauth and K. Quasebarth, Ber.,57, 856 (1924).Google Scholar
- 5.S. V. Zavgorodnii and V. G. Kryuchkova, Zh. Obshch. Khimii,27, 330 (1957).Google Scholar