On the reaction of exchange of alkyls between organomagnesium compounds and organic halides
- 20 Downloads
The exchange of alkyl radicals between alkyl magnesium halides and alkyl halides was established in the case of the simplest alkyl group in a medium of simple ethers.
The degree of exchange depends on the solvating power of the solvent, the electronegativity of the radical in the alkyl halide, and the polarizability of the C-halogen bond.
The mechanism of the exchange is the same in the case of organolithium and organomagnesium compounds.
KeywordsEther Magnesium Alkyl Group Halide Alkyl Halide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. I. Zakharkin, K. A. Bilevich, and O. Yu. Okhlobystin, Dokl. AN SSSR,152, 338 (1963).Google Scholar
- 2.M. Kharasch and O. Reinmuth, “Grignard Reactions of nonmetallic Substances”, New York (1954).Google Scholar
- 3.S. T. Ioffee and A. N. Nesmeyanov, Methods of Heteroorganic Chemistry, Magnesium, Beryllium, Calcium, Strontium, Barium [in Russian], Moscow, (1963).Google Scholar
- 4.M. Kharasch, W. Lambert, and W. Urry, J. Organ. Chem.10, 298 (1945).Google Scholar
- 5.R. N. Sterlin, L. N. Pinkina, I. L. Knunyants, and L. D. Nezgovorov, Khim. Nauka i Prom-st',4, 809 (1959).Google Scholar
- 6.M. Kharasch and C. Fuchs, J. Organ. Chem.10, 292 (1945).Google Scholar
- 7.H. Gilman and H. Jones, J Amer. Chem. Soc. 51, 2840 (1929).Google Scholar
- 8.L. Slaugh, J, Amer. Chem. Soc.,83, 2734 (1961).Google Scholar
- 9.E. A. Braude, “Progress in Organic Chemistry”, b. 3, London (1955), p. 172.Google Scholar
- 10.D. Appliguist and D. O'Brien, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.85, 743 (1963).Google Scholar
- 11.G. K. Semin, Dokl. AN SSSR (in Press).Google Scholar