X-ray diffraction study of magnesium hydridoaluminate
An x-ray diffraction study was carried out on magnesium hydridoaluminate containing 0.2 moles ether. The diffraction pattern was interpreted with the aid of a calculation method which we developed.
The compound crystallizes in the tetragonal system with the cell parameters:α=6.08±0.05) Å c=(15.5±0.05)Å. The diffraction indices of the reflecting planes were determined.
Space group D 4 6 =P4221 was determined. The x-ray density was calculated and the number of formula units in the cell was determined.
KeywordsEther Magnesium Diffraction Pattern Calculation Method Cell Parameter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Plesek and S. Herzmanek, Coll. Czechosl. Chem. Comm.,31, 3060 (1966).Google Scholar
- 2.I. A. Barabash and G. V. Davydov, Acta Crystallogr.,23, 6 (1967).Google Scholar
- 3.I. A. Barabash, G. V. Davydov, and A. A. Veselov, J. Appl. Crystallogr.,2, 99 (1969).Google Scholar
- 4.I. A. Barabash and G. V. Davydov, Acta Crystallogr.,A24, 608 (1968).Google Scholar
- 5.I. A. Barabash, G. V. Davydov, and A. A. Veselov, J. Appl. Crystallogr.,2, 13 (1969).Google Scholar
- 6.P. Azarov and M. Buerger, The Powder Method in X-ray Crystallography [Russian translation], Inost. Lit. (1968), p. 123.Google Scholar
- 7.L. I. Mirkin, Tables for the X-ray Structural Analysis of Polycrystals [in Russian], Fizmatgiz (1961).Google Scholar
- 8.International Tables for X-ray Crystallography, Vol. 1 (1952); Vol. 2 (1959).Google Scholar