Occurrence of free convection in a plane layer in the presence of a chemical transport reaction
- 18 Downloads
We consider the conditions for the occurrence of natural convection when a volatile compound is transported through a gaseous phase as a result of a chemical reaction with a solid substance. We determine the variation of the critical Rayleigh number for the principal level of instability as a function of the parameters of the process.
KeywordsConvection Statistical Physic Gaseous Phase Volatile Compound Natural Convection
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. G. Shaposhnikov, Prikl. Mat. Mekh.,17, No. 5, 604 (1953).Google Scholar
- 2.D. A. Frank-Kamenetskii, Diffusion and Heat Exchange in Chemical Kinetics, Plenum Publ. (1969).Google Scholar
- 3.D. I. Shvartsblatt, Prikl. Mat. Mekh.,32, No. 2, 276 (1968).Google Scholar
- 4.V. N. Bloshenko, Zh. Fiz. Khim.11, No. 12, 3011 (1967).Google Scholar
- 5.G. Z. Gershuni and E. M. Zhukhovitskii, Convective Stability of Incompressible Fluids, Halsted Press (1976).Google Scholar
- 6.A. C. Belozerskii, Metal Carbonyls [in Russian], Metallurgizdat, Moscow (1958).Google Scholar
- 7.H. Schafer Chemical Transport Reactions, Academic Press (1964).Google Scholar