Hydrodynamics and heat and mass transfer in a solidifying melt
- 16 Downloads
The effect of natural thermal convection in a solidifying melt on the distribution of an admixture in the liquid and solid phases as a function of the Lewis and Schmidt numbers is studied numerically.
KeywordsConvection Mass Transfer Statistical Physic Schmidt Number Thermal Convection
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. A. Efimov, Casting and Crystallization of Steel [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 2.É. A. Iodko, P. F. Zavgorodnii, F. V. Nedopekin, et al., Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Chern. Metall., No. 5 (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.I. L. Povkh, É. A. Iodko, P. F. Zavgorodnii, F. V. Nedopekin, et al., Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Chern. Metall., No. 9 (1973).Google Scholar
- 4.B. Ya. Lyubov, The Theory of Crystallization in Large Volumes [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1975).Google Scholar
- 5.P. F. Zavgorodnii, F. V. Nedopekin, I. L. Povkh, G. I. Sevost'yanov, and N. V. Finoshin, “Effect of thermal convection on the distribution of an admixture in a crystallizing ingot,” Article Deposited at All-Union Institute of Scientific and Technical Information (VINITI), October 20, 1975, Dep. 3013-75.Google Scholar
- 6.A. A. Samarskii, Introduction to the Theory of Difference Systems [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1971).Google Scholar
- 7.N. N. Yanenko, The Method of Fractional Steps for the Solution of Multidimensional Problems of Mathematical Physics [in Russian], Novosibirsk (1968).Google Scholar