Direct proofs of self- and mutual diffusion in the formation of adhesion bonds between polymers
- 39 Downloads
The authors discuss experiments aimed at the direct investigation of self- and mutual diffusion in polymers. New electron microscope data are presented for mutual diffusion in the systems polyvinyl chloride — polymethyl methacrylate, polyvinyl chloride — polybutyl methacrylate, and polystyrene — SKS-85. It is shown that with increase in temperature and improvement in compatibility the depth of mutual diffusion increases. The data obtained make it possible to calculate the polymer-polymer diffusion coefficient.
KeywordsPolymer Chloride Electron Microscope Diffusion Coefficient Polystyrene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. S. Voyutskii, Autohesion and Adhesion of High Polymers [in Russian], Moscow, 1960.Google Scholar
- 2.S. S. Voyutskii, V. G. Raevskii, and S. M. Yagnyatinskaya, DAN,150, 1296, 1963.Google Scholar
- 3.S. S. Voyutskii and V. L. Vakula, Usp. Khimii,33, 205, 1964.Google Scholar
- 4.R. M. Vasenin, V. K. Gromov, V. L. Vakula, and S. S. Voyutskii, in collection: Adhesion of Polymers [in Russian], 52, 1963.Google Scholar
- 5.F. Beuche, W. M. Cashin, and P. Debye, J. Chem. Phys.,20, 1956, 1952.Google Scholar
- 6.C. L. Ranyer, L. Thomassen, and L. I. Rouse, Trans. Amer. Soc. Met.,30, 313, 1942.Google Scholar
- 7.S. E. Bresler, G. M. Zakharov, and S. V. Kirillov, Vysokomolek. soed.,3, 1072, 1961.Google Scholar
- 8.G. A. Patrikeeev, in collection: Strength of the Bond between the Elements of Rubber-Fabric Multi-Ply Articles in Production and Use [in Russian], Leningrad, 78, 1956.Google Scholar
- 9.L. P. Morozova and N. A. Krotova, DAN,115, 747, 1957, Koll. zhurn.,20, 59, 1958.Google Scholar
- 10.N. A. Krotova and L. P. Morozova, in collection: in Studies of Surface Forces, edited by B. V. Deryagin [in Russian], Moscow, 48, 1961.Google Scholar
- 11.A. Aitken and R. M. Barrer, Trans. Farad. Soc.,51, 116, 1955.Google Scholar