Absorption spectra of ion-radical salts of tetracyanoquinodimethane in the condensed state
- 43 Downloads
We measured the absorption spectra of the solid layers of a number of simple and complex salts of tetracyanoquinodimethane (TCNQ), which layers were obtained by rubbing the substance on a quartz backing, and a comparison was made of these spectra with the spectra of the corresponding salts in acetonitrile solution.
The spectra of the solid layers of the simple salts resemble the spectrum of the (TCNQ∸)2 dimer, which testifies to a predominance of the paired reaction of the TCNQ∸ anion-radicals in the solid state. The spectra of the complex salts have a more diffuse character when compared with the spectra of the simple salts, which is associated with molecular reaction of a longer range order.
KeywordsQuartz Acetonitrile Absorption Spectrum Solid State Longe Range
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. G. Kepler, P. E. Bierstedt, and R. E. Merrifield, Phys. Rev. Lett.,5, 503 (1960).Google Scholar
- 2.R. Tsien, C. Huggins, and O. Le Blanc, J. Chem. Phys.,45, 4370 (1966).Google Scholar
- 3.A. T. Vartanyan, Zh. Fiz. Khim.,30, 1028 (1956).Google Scholar
- 4.L. R. Melby, R. J. Harder, W. R. Hertler, W. Manler, R. E. Benson, and W. E. Mochel, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,84, 3374 (1962).Google Scholar
- 5.A. Kremen, Czechoslov. J. Phys.,B19, 1406 (1969).Google Scholar
- 6.R. H. Boyd and W. D. Phillips, J. Chem. Phys.,43, 2927 (1965).Google Scholar
- 7.Y. Iida, Bull. Chem. Soc. Japan,42, 71, 637 (1969).Google Scholar