Chlorination and hydrochlorination of vinyloxy derivatives of pyridine and quinoline series
- 27 Downloads
The corresponding hydrochlorides were obtained by the reaction of 2-vinyloxypyridine, 2-vinyl-oxylepidine, N-vinyl-2-pyridone, N-vinyl-2-lepidone, and 8-vinyloxyquinoline with hydrogen chloride.
Chlorine adds to the vinyl derivatives of hydroxypyridine and hydroxyquinoline predominantly across the double bond of the vinyl group, with the formation ofα,β-dichloroethyloxypyridines and pyridones. The reaction is accompanied by side processes.
KeywordsHydrogen Chloride Chlorine Pyridine Double Bond
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. Klingsberg, Pyridine and Its Derivatives, Vol. 3, New York-London (1962).Google Scholar
- 2.F. L. Kolodkin, Dissertation [in Russian], Moscow (1966).Google Scholar
- 3.M. A. S. Chaudri, R. D. Desai, and R. F. Hunter, J. Indian Chem. Soc.,11, 249 (1934).Google Scholar
- 4.P. de la Mare and R. Bolton, Electrophilic Addition to Unsaturated Systems [Russian translation], Mir (1968), pp. 94, 131.Google Scholar
- 5.J. R. Shelton and L. H. Lee, J. Org. Chem.,25, 428 (1960).Google Scholar