Asymptotic analysis to establish the feasibility of using nonlinear effects for acoustic diagnosis of the properties of a "layer on a half-space" object
KeywordsNonlinear Effect Asymptotic Analysis
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.U. K. Nigul, "Deviation of the solution to the quasilinear wave equation from the solution to the linear wave equation within the region of continuous first derivatives," Prikl. Mat. Mekh.,37, No. 3, 434–447 (1973).Google Scholar
- 2.U. K. Nigul, "Analytical detection of nonlinear effects in the propagation and in the repeated reflection of a pulse by the method of successive integration of linear nonhomogeneous wave equations," in: Proceedings of a Symposium on Nonlinear Thermal Effects in Transient Wave Processes [in Russian], Part 1, Gor'kii-Tallin (1973), pp. 63–106.Google Scholar
- 3.U. K. Nigul, "Asymptotic analysis of the deviation of the nonlinear solution from the linear solution in the case of one-dimensional transient elastic deformation processes," Theor. Appl. Mech. [Sofia, Bulgaria],5, No. 4, 29–35 (1974).Google Scholar
- 4.U. K. Nigul, "Exact solution to the quasilinear wave equation and the applicability range for the method of successive integration of linear nonhomogeneous equations," Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekh. Tverd. Tela, No. 3, 76–83 (1975).Google Scholar
- 5.U. K. Nigul, "Effect of nonlinear phenomena on one-dimensional echo signals coming from elastic objects," Akust. Zh.,21, No. 1, 144–146 (1975).Google Scholar
- 6.M. A. Breazeale and W. W. Lester, "Demonstration of the ‘least stable waveform’ of finite-amplitude waves," J. Acoust. Soc. Amer.,33, No. 12, 1803 (1961).Google Scholar
- 7.D. O. Thompson, M. A. Tennison, and O. Buck, "Reflection of harmonics generated by finite-amplitude waves," J. Acoust. Soc. Amer.,44, No. 2, 435–436 (1968).Google Scholar
- 8.L. K. Zarembo, O. Yu. Serdobol'skaya, and I. P. Chernobai, "Effects of phase shifts during reflection at a boundary on the nonlinear interaction between longitudinal waves in solids," Akust. Zh.,13, No. 3, 397–403 (1972).Google Scholar
- 9.H. M. Cekirge and E. Varley, "Large-amplitude waves in bounded media. Part 1. Reflection and transmission of large-amplitude shockless pulses at an interface," Phil. Trans. Roy. Soc.A273, No. 1234, 261–313 (1973).Google Scholar
- 10.J. Y. Kazakia and E. Varley, "Large-amplitude waves in bounded media. Part 2. Deformation of an impulsively loaded slab, the first reflection. Part 3. Deformation of an impulsively loaded slab, the second reflection," Phil. Trans. Roy. Soc.A277, No. 1267, 191–250 (1974).Google Scholar
- 11.U. K. Nigul, Echo Signals Coming from Elastic Objects [in Russian], Part 1, Tallin (1976).Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1977