Bending of prestressed glass-reinforced plastic beams
- 46 Downloads
Initial waviness of the fibers and prestressing are investigated in relation to their effect on flexural stiffness and strength for beams with low shear strength. It is shown that prestressing the reinforcement increases the flexural stiffness but at the same time adds to the shear correction as a result of an increase in the modulus of elasticity Ex in the direction of reinforcement and the insensitivity of the shear modulus Gxz to prestress. It is established that prestressing increases the shear strength and the degree of anisotropy β. Materials of two types are investigated: unidirectional (AG-4S) and cloth-reinforced (SKT-11).
KeywordsAnisotropy Shear Strength Shear Modulus Flexural Stiffness Plastic Beam
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. V. Bolotin, Mekh. polim. [Polymer Mechanics], 1, 11, 1966.Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. M. Tarnopol'skii, G. G. Portnov, and I. G. Zhigun, Mekh. polim. [Polymer Mechanics], 2, 243, 1967.Google Scholar
- 3.E. I. Timofeev, Calculation of Reinforced Plastic Structural Elements [in Russian], PNTPO, No. 13-63-253/12 GOSINTI, Moscow, 1963.Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. M. Tarnopol'skii and A. M. Skudra, Structural Strength and Deformation of Glass-Reinforced Plastics [in Russian], Riga, 1966.Google Scholar
- 5.V. V. Bolotin, Izv. AN SSSR, Mekhanika, 1, 74, 1965.Google Scholar
- 6.S. Goldfein, Mod. Plast., 33, 8, 1956.Google Scholar
- 7.S. G. Lekhnitskii, Anisotropic Plates [in Russian], GITL, 1950.Google Scholar
- 8.N. M. Belyaev, Strength of Materials [in Russian], Moscow, 1954.Google Scholar
- 9.Yu. M. Tarnopol'skii, A. V. Roze, and V. A. Polyakov, Mekh. polim. [Polymer Mechanics], 2, 38, 1965.Google Scholar
- 10.Yu. M. Tarnopol'skii and A. V. Roze, Mekh. polim. [Polymer Mechanics], 4, 535, 1966.Google Scholar