Strength of glass-reinforced plastic rings loaded with internal pressure
- 26 Downloads
The relation between the internal bursting pressure and the thickness of rings made of unidirectional glass-reinforced plastic has been experimentally investigated. It is shown that the carrying capacity of the rings is limited owing to the low strength of the glass-reinforced plastic in compression perpendicular to the fibers.
KeywordsInternal Pressure Plastic Ring Internal Burst
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. W. Dawis and G. R. Modig, SPE J., 6, 1966.Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. M. Tarnopol'skii and G. G. Portnov, Mekh. polim. [Polymer Mechanics], 2, 278, 1966.Google Scholar
- 3.R. E. Brivmanis and G. G. Portnov, Elektrotekhnika (in press).Google Scholar
- 4.A. V. Trabskii, R. S. Kholodovskaya, and N. K. Chlenova, Elektrotekhn. prom., 11, 1962.Google Scholar
- 5.V. S. Gumenyuk, V. V. Lushchik, and S. V. Urbanskii, Mekh. polim. [Polymer Mechanics], 1, 99, 1967.Google Scholar
- 6.M. A. Kinna, S. P. Prosen, and P. W. Frickson, West. Plast., 4, 1963.Google Scholar
- 7.V. L. Biderman, in: Strength Calculations, 11 [in Russian], Moscow, 1965.Google Scholar