Simple loading of a polymer material with nonlinear creep
Nonlinear tensor relations between strain, stress, and time are examined for a memory-type medium using degenerate kernels. The material parameters are determined from creep tests in a simple state of stress. Expressions for the strain associated with a complex state of stress and simple loading, found on the basis of the local strains theory, are in satisfactory agreement with the experimental data obtained for specimens of high-density polyethylene.
KeywordsPolymer Experimental Data Polyethylene Material Parameter Polymer Material
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. Volterra, Theory of Functionals and of Integral and Integrodifferential Equations, London, 1930.Google Scholar
- 2.Nakada Osamu, Phys. Soc. Japan,15, 12, 1960.Google Scholar
- 3.H. Leaderman, F. McCrackin, and O. Nakada, Trans. Soc. Rheol., 7, 111, 1963.Google Scholar
- 4.J. M. Ward and E. T. Onat, J. Mech. Phys. Solids,11, 4, 217, 1963.Google Scholar
- 5.N. I. Malinin, Doctoral dissertation: Problems of Creep and Strength of Plastics [in Russian], Author's abstract, Moscow, 1965.Google Scholar
- 6.A. L. Rabinovich, Doctoral dissertation: Some Fundamental Problems of the Mechanics of Reinforced Polymers [in Russian], Author's abstract, Moscow, 1965.Google Scholar
- 7.A. A. Il'yushin and P. M. Ogibalov, Mekh. polim. [Polymer mechanics], 3, 33, 1965.Google Scholar
- 8.A. A. Il'yushin and P. M. Ogibalov, Mekh. polim. [Polymer mechanics], 2, 170; 190, 1966.Google Scholar
- 9.A. K. Malmeister, Mekh. polim. [Polymer mechanics], 4, 12, 1965.Google Scholar
- 10.S. B. Ainbinder, Mekh. polim. [Polymer mechanics], 1, 65, 1965.Google Scholar
- 11.N. M. Mitrokhin and Yu. I. Yagn, DAN, 135, 4, 1960.Google Scholar
- 12.V. S. Namestnikov, ZhPMTF, 2, 1960.Google Scholar