Effect of annealing temperature on the mechanical properties of polyethylene terephthalate fiber
- 77 Downloads
The mechanical properties of polyethylene terephthalate fibers stretched at 45 and 110° C have been investigated in relation to annealing temperature. It is shown that for fibers with the maximum degree of stretch the annealing temperature has no effect on mechanical strength. Reduction in the stretch of the fibers leads to an increase in strength upon annealing, and this may be associated with densification of the amorphous zones due to the formation of a large number of intermolecular bonds between the links of the polymer chains.
KeywordsPolymer Mechanical Property Polyethylene Polymer Chain Mechanical Strength
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. Stankweather, J. Polym. Sci., 21, 189, 1956; F. Pybnikar, J. Polym. Sci., 26, 104, 1957; D. Barish, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 6, 617, 1962; V. A. Kargin, T. I. Sogolova, and L. I. Nadareishvili, VMS, 6, 169, 1964; V. A. Kargin, T. I. Sogolova, and N. Ya. Rapoport-Molodtsova, VMS, 6, 1562, 1964.Google Scholar
- 2.M. P. Zverev, B. P. Zverev, S. V. Mikhailov, and M. K. Shemetov, USSR patent no. 157826, 10 July, 1962, Byull. izobretenii i tovarnykh znakov, 19, 1963.Google Scholar
- 3.M. Cobbs and R. Burton, J. Polym. Sci., 10, 275, 1953; H. Arnold, Koll.-Ztschr., 157, 2, 111, 1958.Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. S. Lazurkin and R. L. Fogel'son, ZhTF, 21, 267, 1951.Google Scholar
- 5.N. V. Mikhailov, V. O. Gorbacheva, and N. N. Zav'yalova, Khim. volokna, 1, 19, 1960.Google Scholar
- 6.S. M. Skuratov, Koll. zhurn., 9, 133, 1947.Google Scholar
- 7.J. Marshall, Trans. Farad. Soc., 49, 67, 1953.Google Scholar
- 8.A. Thompson and B. Woods, Trans. Farad. Soc., 52, 1383, 1956.Google Scholar
- 9.M. P. Zverev, T. F. Kostina, and L. A. Polovikhina, Khim. volokna, 4, 2, 1965.Google Scholar
- 10.S. N. Zhurkov, I. I. Novak, B. Ya. Levin, A. V. Savitskii, and V. I. Vettegren, VMS, 7, 1203, 1965.Google Scholar