Continuous venovenous hemofiltration
- 116 Downloads
Continuous venovenous hemofiltration (CVVH) is a technique characterized by a venovenous circuit and a pump to perfuse the hemofilter. CVVH is suited to individualization of ultrafiltration and solute clearance in patients with acute renal failure and volume overload, specifically when there is impaired cardiovascular function or where arterial access is problematic. Examples, indications and relative advantages of this and other dialytic modalities are discussed.
Key wordsContinuous hemofiltration Continuous venovenous hemofiltration Acute renal failure Dialysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bartlett RH, Bosch J, Geronemus R, Pagnini E, Ronco C, Swartz R (1988) Continuous arteriovenous hemofiltration for acute renal failure. ASAIO Trans 34: 67–77Google Scholar
- 2.Bauer M, Stewart G (1988) Renal failure following cardiac surgery in a 2.8 kg infant managed with continuous arteriovenous hemofiltration. Ann Thorac Surg 45: 225–226Google Scholar
- 3.Mault JR, Dechert RE, Lees P, Swartz RD, Port FK, Bartlett RH (1987) continuous arteriovenous filtration: an effective treatment for surgical acute renal failure. Surgery 101: 478–484Google Scholar
- 4.Zobel G, Ring E, Trop M (1987) Continuous, arteriovenous renal replacement therapy. Int J Artif Organs 10: 241–244Google Scholar
- 5.Zobel G, Trop M, Ring E, Suppan CH, Grubbauer HM (1986) Arteriovenous hemofiltration in hypervolaemia. Arch Dis Child 61: 803–804Google Scholar
- 6.Chanard J, Milicent T, Toupance O, Melin JP, Roujouleh H, Lavaud S (1988) Ultrafiltration pump-assisted continuous arteriovenous hemofiltration (CAVH). Kidney Int [Suppl]24: S157-S158Google Scholar
- 7.Heiss KF, Pettite B, Hirschl RB, Cilley RE, Chapman R, Bartlett RH (1987) Renal insufficiency and volume overload in neonatal ECMO managed by continuous ultrafiltration. ASAIO Trans 33: 557–560Google Scholar
- 8.Lieberman KV, Nardi L, Bosch JP (1985) Treatment of acute renal failure in an infant using continuous arteriovenous hemofilatration. J Pediatr 106: 646–649Google Scholar
- 9.Canaud B, Garred LJ, Christol JP, Aubas S, Beraud JJ, Mion C (1988) Pump assisted continuous venovenous hemofiltration for treating acute uremia. Kidney Int [Suppl]24: S154-S156Google Scholar
- 10.Paganini EP (1988) Slow continuous hemofiltration and slow continuous ultrafiltration. ASAIO Trans 34: 63–66Google Scholar
- 11.Schneider NS, Geronemus RP (1988) Continuous arteriovenous hemodialysis. Kidney Int [Suppl]24: S159-S162Google Scholar