Interaction of quasiuniform magnetic field with ensemble of MHD oscillations
- 16 Downloads
It is shown that inhomogeneous MHD turbulence in a cold plasma manifests itself as an inhomo-geneous diamagnet. An equation describing the evolution of the regular component of the magnetic field is derived and a formula obtained whereby the coefficient of turbulent magnetic field diffusion can be estimated. Estimates are made which indicate that this is an efficient mechanism for the decay of the magnetic field of a sunspot.
KeywordsMagnetic Field Mathematical Modeling Mechanical Engineer Industrial Mathematic Efficient Mechanism
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. I. Vainshtein, “Functional approach to the theory of the turbulence dynamo,” Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz.,62, No. 4 (1972).Google Scholar
- 2.S. I. Vainshtein, “The magnetic field in an inhomogeneous turbulent flow,” Zh. Prikl. Mekh. Tekh. Fiz., No. 1 (1971).Google Scholar
- 3.M. A. Lifshits and V. N. Tsytovich, “Spectra of MHD turbulence in a collisionless plasma,” Yadernyi Sintez,10, No. 3 (1970).Google Scholar
- 4.B. B. Kadomtsev, “Plasma turbulence,” in: Reviews of Plasma Physics [in Russian], Vol. 4, Atomizdat, Moscow (1964).Google Scholar
- 5.Ya. B. Zel'dovich, “Magnetic field in conducting turbulent fluid for two-dimensional motion,” Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz.,31, No. 1 (1956).Google Scholar
- 6.S. I. Vainshtein, “Magnetic field generation in presence of acoustic turbulence,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,195, No. 4 (1970).Google Scholar