Stability of laminar shells having a viscoelastic binder
- 11 Downloads
1. In loading with a force whose value lies between the long-term and instantaneous critical values, a loss of shell stability by rupture takes place at a certain time after loading. This time is naturally taken as the critical one.
2. Numerical estimates show that the level of the initial irregularities has a very great effect on the magnitude of the critical time. Therefore, in a theoretical estimate of the critical time it is necessary to take account of them as accurately as possible.
KeywordsNumerical Estimate Critical Time Theoretical Estimate Laminar Shell Shell Stability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. V. Bolotin, "Theory of laminar plates," Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Otd. Tekh. Nauk, Mekh. Mashinostr., No. 3, 65–72 (1963).Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. N. Novichkov, "Nonlinear theory and stability of thick multilayer shells," Prikl. Mat. Mekh.,37, No. 3, 532–543 (1973).Google Scholar
- 3.Yu. N. Novichkov and A. V. Petrovskii, "Stability of multilayer elastic shells," Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekh. Tverd. Tela, No. 5, 54–61 (1973).Google Scholar
- 4.A. V. Petrovskii, "The stability of a spherical shell of a laminar composite material," Mekh. Polim., No. 3, 459–464 (1976).Google Scholar
- 5.A. V. Petrovskii, "The nonlinear problem of the stability of a thin multilayer cylindrical shell," in: Mechanics of a Deformable Solid and the Theory of Reliability of Construction. Transactions of the Moscow Power Institute [in Russian], No. 227, Moscow (1975), pp. 138–144.Google Scholar
- 6.V. V. Bolotin, Statistical Methods in Engineering Mechanics [in Russian], Moscow (1965).Google Scholar
- 7.L. M. Kurshin, "Stability of rods and plates under creep conditions," Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,140, No. 3, 549–553 (1961).Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. N. Rabotnov, Elements of the Inherent Mechanics of Solids [in Russian], Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 9.V. M. Leizerakh, "Experimental study of the stability of fiberglass-plastic cylindrical shells under the action of axial compression in prolonged loading," Mekh. Polim., No. 4, 710–713 (1973).Google Scholar