Mechanical properties of a composite with a carbonized matrix
- 22 Downloads
The effect of reinforcement schemes that differ in the magnitude of the disorientation angle of neighboring filler layers on the mechanical properties of a "carbon-carbon" composite under extension, compression, or bending is shown.
KeywordsMechanical Property Carbonize Matrix Reinforcement Scheme Filler Layer Disorientation Angle
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. A. Andrianov, V. P. Sosedov, I. I. Patalakh, A. I. Krotov, L. L. Razumov, and A. T. Kaverov, "Some features of preparing new thermally resistant reinforced plastics," Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,200, No. 6, 1343–1344 (1971).Google Scholar
- 2.J. Hill, C. R. Thomas, and E. J. Walker, "Advanced carbon-carbon composites for structural applications," in: International Conference on Carbon Fibers — Their Place in Modern Technology, London, Paper No. 19, February 18–20 (1974).Google Scholar
- 3.M. Ya. Gal'perin, P. F. Koshelev, E. I. Stepanychev, and G. V. Uzhik, "Methodological features of mechanical testing of glass-plastics," in: Constructional Properties of Plastics [in Russian], Moscow (1968), pp. 3–35.Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. N. Rabotnov, L. Kh. Papernik, and E. I. Stepanychev, "A description of the creep of composites under extension and compression," Mekh. Polim., No. 5, 779–785 (1973).Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. M. Tarnopol'skii and A. M. Skudra, Constructional Strength and Deformability of Glass Plastics [in Russian], Riga (1966).Google Scholar
- 6.Yu. N. Rabotnov and E. I. Stepanychev, "A description of the elastoplastic properties of glass plastics," Inzh. Zh. Mekh. Tverd. Tela, No. 1, 63–73 (1968).Google Scholar
- 7.Glass-plastics, Polyester. Methods of Determining Physicomechanical Properties. Guiding Technical Material RS-743-68 [in Russian], Ministerst. Sudostroitel'. Prom-st' SSSR (1969).Google Scholar
- 8.J. T. Hoggatt, "Test methods for high-modulus carbon yarn and composites," Amer. Soc. Testing Mater., Spec. Techn. Publ., ASTM STP 460, 48 (1969).Google Scholar