Determination of the strength of the bonds between the fibers in cellulose compositions
- 23 Downloads
It has been shown that the magnitude of the tensile strength of the bonds between the fibers in cellulose compositions can be determined from data obtained by measuring the tensile strength of a specimen at standard and zero length. The influence of the thickness of the material on some of its strength and optical characteristics has been studied. It has been confirmed experimentally that there is a functional relationship between the tensile strength of the bonds between the fibers and the magnitude of the light-scattering coefficient in the cellulose compositions studied.
KeywordsCellulose Tensile Strength Functional Relationship Optical Characteristic Zero Length
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. N. Ivanov, Bum. Prom.,23, 3, 8 (1948).Google Scholar
- 2.H. Corte and H. Schraschek, Papier, 9, 519 (1955).Google Scholar
- 3.D. M. Flyate, The Properties of Paper [in Russian], Moscow (1970), p. 194.Google Scholar
- 4.D. H. Page, TAPPI,52, 4, 671 (1969).Google Scholar
- 5.D. J. McConnell, Paper Technol.,9, 5, 404 (1968).Google Scholar
- 6.D. J. McConnell, Paper Technol.,9, 5, 417 (1968).Google Scholar
- 7.L. S. Nordman, C. Gustafson, and G. Olofson, Paper Trade J.,36, 315 (1954).Google Scholar
- 8.V. Ya. Andreichenko, Collected Works of the All-Union Scientific Research Institute for the Cellulose and Paper Industry, No. 58, "The timber industry" [in Russian] (1971), p. 89.Google Scholar