Stress state in multilayer cylindrical tubes made of elastically compressible linear viscoelastic material
- 18 Downloads
Through the use of Abel's operators and э operators, the authors obtained an implicit solution for N-layered cylindrical tubes with alternating elastic and viscoelastic layers under conditions of elastic compressibility of the viscoelastic medium. Explicit expressions were written for the reactive pressures in 3- and 2-layered cylindrical tubes with alternating elastic and viscoelastic layers; these are analyzed in detail. Based on the solution obtained earlier for a condition where the viscoelastic operator corresponding to Poisson's coefficient is taken as a constant, it has been shown that the hypotheses discussed will lead in time to qualitatively different stress states. The overall results obtained are illustrated on an example.
KeywordsStress State Compressibility Explicit Expression Reactive Pressure Viscoelastic Material
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. H. Lee, J. R. Radok, and W. B. Woodward, Trans. Soc. Rheol.,3, 41 (1959).Google Scholar
- 2.B. E. Pobedrya, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, MTT,5, 173 (1971).Google Scholar
- 3.Yu. V. Nemirovskii and M. L. Kheinloo, Mekhan. Polim.,1, 110 (1973).Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. N. Rabotnov, Creep in Structural Elements [in Russian], Moscow (1966).Google Scholar
- 5.G. Korn and T. Korn, Manual for Mathematics Used by Scientists and Engineers [in Russian], Moscow (1970).Google Scholar