Accumulation of fatigue defects in polymethyl methacrylate in rotational bending
- 15 Downloads
The results of tests on polymethyl methacrylate for fatigue during polycyclic rotational bending through an angle under thermostatic conditions are analyzed. A method of calculation is given for the determination of the defects. The observed changes in the mechanical characteristics and the fractography of the fractures are taken into account comprehensively. Possibilities for the simplification of the method of calculation, and the acceptable methods for the indication of defects before the formation of the main crack are discussed.
KeywordsFatigue Methacrylate Polymethyl Methacrylate Mechanical Characteristic Main Crack
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. R. Regel', Zh. Tekh. Fiz.,26, 359 (1956).Google Scholar
- 2.M. I. Bessonov and E. V. Kuvshinskii, Fiz. Tverd. Tela,1, 1441 (1959).Google Scholar
- 3.O. F. Kireenko, A. M. Leksovskii, and V. R. Regel', Mekhan. Polim., No. 1, 52 (1966).Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. G. Korabel'nikov, Mekhan. Polim., No. 4, 663 (1971).Google Scholar
- 5.P. P. Oldyrev and V. M. Parfeev, Mekhan. Polim., No. 6, 984 (1973).Google Scholar
- 6.P. P. Oldyrev and V. P. Tamuzh, Mekhan. Polim., No. 5, 864 (1967).Google Scholar
- 7.Ya. S. Segal, Candidate's Dissertation, Riga (1970).Google Scholar
- 8.P. I. Kudryavtsev, Zav. Lab.,35, 93 (1969).Google Scholar
- 9.P. I. Kudryavtsev, A. I. Vesman, and T. I. Morozova, Zav. Lab.,36, 1112 (1970).Google Scholar
- 10.P. P. Oldyrev, Candidate's Dissertation, Riga (1968).Google Scholar
- 11.V. P. Tamuzh and P. V. Tikhomirov, Mekhan. Polim., No. 5, 875 (1971).Google Scholar