Elastic and strength characteristics of a glass-reinforced plastic in compression
- 14 Downloads
The elastic constant and strength characteristics in compression have been experimentally determined for a cold-cured glass-reinforced plastic in the direction of all three principal axes of anisotropy. It is shown that the elastic constants obtained satisfy the constraints imposed on orthotropic materials by the thermodynamic relations.
KeywordsAnisotropy Elastic Constant Principal Axis Strength Characteristic Orthotropic Material
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. M. Tarnopol'skii and A. M. Skudra, Structural Strength and Deformation of Glass-Reinforced Plastics [in Russian], Riga (1966).Google Scholar
- 2.A. M. Skudra, A. A. Kalnais, and F. Ya. Bulavs, Mekhan. Polim., No. 4, 621 (1969).Google Scholar
- 3.S. G. Lekhnitskii, Theory of Elasticity of Anisotropic Bodies [in Russian], Moscow-Leningrad (1950).Google Scholar
- 4.Ya. S. Sidorin, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekh. i Mashinostr., No. 3, 122 (1964).Google Scholar
- 5.B. M. Lempriére, AIAA J., No. 11, 218 (1968).Google Scholar