Investigation of the mechanical properties and internal stress field of directionally reinforced materials in transverse tension
- 15 Downloads
The dependence of the transverse Young's modulus and Poisson's ration on the reinforcement ratio, type of structure, and internal fiber radius has been investigated. The microstress field in the structure of a composite in transverse tension is analyzed. Simple approximate expressions, which can be used to determine the corresponding mechanical characteristics without analyzing the state of stress, are obtained from the exact equations. A medium reinforced with doubly periodic groups is taken as a model. The exact solutions of the problem are obtained by means of elliptic functions.
KeywordsMechanical Property Exact Solution Stress Field Internal Stress Mechanical Characteristic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. I. Muskhelishvili, Some Fundamental Problems of the Mathematical Theory of Elasticity [in Russian], Moscow (1966).Google Scholar
- 2.V. Ya. Natanzon, Matem. Sb.,42, No. 5 (1935).Google Scholar
- 3.G. A. Van Fo Fy, Mekhan. Polim., No. 5, 763 (1966).Google Scholar
- 4.N. I. Akhiezer, Elements of the Theory of Elliptic Functions [in Russian], Moscow (1948).Google Scholar
- 5.E. Madelung, Mathematical Tools for the Physicist, Dover, New York (1943).Google Scholar
- 6.G. A. Van Fo Fy, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,166, 817 (1966).Google Scholar