Creep and long-time strength of oriented glass-reinforced plastics in interlaminar shear
The creep and long-time strength in interlaminar shear and the creep in compression in the direction of the reinforcement have been experimentally investigated for certain types of oriented glass-reinforced plastics. The specimens in the interlaminar creep tests took the form of short beams loaded in bending. The experimental creep data for shear and compression are well described by the hereditary theory with a kernel of the Abel type (shear) or in the form of a Rabotnov function (compression). If the stresses are constant in time, good agreement with experiment is also given by Findley's form of the aging theory. A deformation criterion of interlaminar shear strength is also obtained. The experimental curves and values of the creep and long-time strength constants are presented.
KeywordsShear Strength Creep Test Experimental Curve Aging Theory Plastics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. M. Tarnopol'skii and A. V. Roze, Design of Reinforced Plastics Parts [in Russian], Riga (1969).Google Scholar
- 2.V. T. Tomashevskii and A. L. Tunik, Mekhan. Polim., No. 2, 370 (1969).Google Scholar
- 3.V. N. Rivkind, Candidate's Dissertation, Leningrad (1969).Google Scholar
- 4.W. N. Findley, Machine Design,32, 10 (1960).Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. N. Rabotnov, Creep of Structural Elements [in Russian], Moscow (1966).Google Scholar
- 6.G. I. Bryzgalin, Zh. Prikl. Mekhan. i Tekh. Fiz., No. 4 (1963).Google Scholar
- 7.L. V. Baev and N. G. Ziling, Tr. NTO Sudostr. Prom. 110. 1 (1968).Google Scholar
- 8.N. T. Smotrin and V. M. Chebanov, Mekhan. Polim., No. 1, 35 (1967).Google Scholar
- 9.P. M. Ogibalov and I. M. Tyuneeva, Mekhan. Polim., No. 2, 366 (1969).Google Scholar
- 10.Yu. N. Rabotnov, L. Kh. Papernik, and E. N. Zvonov, Tables of the Fractional-Exponential Function of Negative Parameters and Its Integral [in Russian], Moscow (1968).Google Scholar
- 11.A. M. Skudra, Doctoral Dissertation, Riga (1967).Google Scholar
- 12.R. Ya. Bulavs, Candidate's Dissertation, Riga (1969).Google Scholar