Effect of the size of the specimen cross section on the long-term strength of polyethylene
- 17 Downloads
The scale effect has been investigated in relation to the long-term strength of specimens of high-density polyethylene. Time dependences of the tensile strength at ordinary temperatures have been obtained. It is shown that the long-term strength depends on the dimensions of the specimen cross section. The deformation of the specimens depends on their size and the shape of the gage cross section.
KeywordsTensile Strength Polyethylene Time Dependence Scale Effect Specimen Cross Section
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Kase, J. Polym. Sci.,11, 426 (1953).Google Scholar
- 2.G. M. Bartenev, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSR,82, 49 (1952).Google Scholar
- 3.S. V. Serensen and V. S. Strelyaev, Zavod. Lab.,28, 13 (1962).Google Scholar
- 4.J. Zawadzki and M. Novak, Przeglad Mech.,5, 136 (1967).Google Scholar
- 5.A. F. Kulinichev, Izv. VUZ. Lesn. Zh., No. 1, 109 (1967).Google Scholar
- 6.Ya. N. Shvetsov, Transactions of the Leningrad Technical Institute of the Cellulose and Paper Industry [in Russian], 23 (1970).Google Scholar
- 7.M. A. Natov and St. Vasileva, Vysokomolek. Soed.,A9, 1906 (1969).Google Scholar