Mechanism of failure of reinforced beams in bending
- 38 Downloads
The mechanism of shear failure is investigated. A theoretical analysis makes it possible to determine the limits of shear failure of reinforced beams in relation to the geometric parameters of the beam, the mechanical properties of the reinforcement and the resin, their volume content, and the loading and support conditions. The results obtained are consistent with the experimental data of . It is shown that in the process of shear failure the axial displacement distribution is modified and that the shear failure mechanism depends on the type of loading and the support conditions.
KeywordsExperimental Data Mechanical Property Theoretical Analysis Failure Mechanism Geometric Parameter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. V. Tarnopol'skii and A. V. Roze, Mekhan. Polim., No. 4, 535 (1966).Google Scholar
- 2.S. P. Timoshenko, Strength of Materials, 1 [Russian translation], Moscow (1960).Google Scholar
- 3.G. A. Teters, Combined Loading and Stability of Plastics Shells [in Russian], Riga (1969), p. 274.Google Scholar
- 4.P. P. Balandin, Vestn. Inzh. i Tekhn., No. 1, 19 (1937).Google Scholar
- 5.V. L. Goncharov, Theory of Interpolation and Approximation of Functions [in Russian], Moscow-Leningrad (1934).Google Scholar
- 6.B. S. Reznikov, in: Continuum Dynamics [in Russian], Novosibirsk (1972), No. 10, p. 138.Google Scholar
- 7.G. D. Andreevskaya, High-Strength Oriented Glass-Reinforced Plastics [in Russian], Moscow (1966).Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. V. Tarnopol'skii and A. M. Skudra, Structural Strength and Deformation of Glass-Reinforced Plastics [in Russian], Riga (1966).Google Scholar
- 9.Yu. M. Molchanov (editor), Physical and Mechanical Properties of Glass-Reinforced Plastics. Handbook [in Russian], Riga (1969).Google Scholar