Infrared spectra of synthetic zeolites
- 406 Downloads
The spectra of some synthetic zeolites (X, Y, A, erionite and mordenite) were studied and an assignment of the absorption bands was made.
The character of the IR spectrum is sensitive to the type of zeolite and the SiO2/Al2O3 ratio. Some new data were obtained, which testify to the existence of characteristic “chainlet” vibrations.
KeywordsZeolite Absorption Band Infrared Spectrum Mordenite Synthetic Zeolite
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F. Wolf and H. Furtig, Tonind. Z. Keram. Rundschau,90, 310 (1966).Google Scholar
- 2.S. P. Zhanov, V. I. Lygin, and T. I. Titova, Monograph: Zeolites, Their Synthesis, Properties and Application [in Russian], Nauka (1965), p. 53.Google Scholar
- 3.I. I. Plyusnina, Infrared Spectra of Silicates [in Russian], Izd. MGU (1967).Google Scholar
- 4.A. N. Lazarev, Vibrational Spectra and Structure of Silicates [in Russian], Nauka (1968).Google Scholar
- 5.A. I. Ponomarev, Methods for Chemical Analysis of Silicate and Carbonate Rocks [in Russian], Nauka (1961).Google Scholar
- 6.F. Matossi and H. Krüger, Z. Physik,99, 1 (1936).Google Scholar
- 7.V. A. Kolesova, Opt. i Spektrosk.,6, 381 (1959);10, 414 (1961); Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Otd. Khim. Nauk, 187 (1963).Google Scholar
- 8.R. G. Milkey, Am. Mineralogist,45, 990 (1960).Google Scholar
- 9.T. I. Avdeeva, I. A. Vorsina, and A. A. Novolotskaya, Izv. Sibirsk. Otd. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim.,14, No. 6, 35 (1969); Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2197 (1969).Google Scholar
- 10.Fourth International Congress on the Chemistry of Cement [in Russian], Stroiizdat (1964).Google Scholar
- 11.E. M. Flanigen, H. Khatami, and H. A. Szymanski, The Second International Conference on Molecular Sieves, Worcester, USA (1970).Google Scholar