Study of isomerization and hydrogenation reactions of olefins in the presence of a palladium catalyst based on dimethyl sulfoxide
- 20 Downloads
A homogeneous palladium catalyst based on dimethyl sulfoxide accelerates the transformation of pentenes at 20° and hydrogen pressures close to atmospheric.
The migration of the C=C bond of 1-pentene proceeds at a faster rate than does its hydrogenation, cis-2-Pentene is converted much more rapidly to the trans-isomer than to n-pentane.
Apparently the observed processes proceed with the involvement of coordinated hydrogen: isomerization is not observed in its absence.
KeywordsHydrogen Migration Dimethyl Palladium Sulfoxide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. N. Kukshkin, R. A. Vlasova, and Yu. L. Pazukhina, Zh. Prikl. Khim.,41, 2381 (1968).Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. N. Kukshkin, Yu. É. Vyaz'menskii, L. I. Zorina, and Yu. L. Pazukhina, Zh. Neorgan. Khim.,13, 1595 (1968).Google Scholar
- 3.Yu. N. Kukshkin, Yu. É. Vyaz'menskii, and L. I. Zorina, Zh. Neorgan. Khim.,13, 3052 (1968).Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. N. Kukushkin and I. D. Rubtsova, Zh. Neorgan. Khim.,14, 1867, 2124 (1969).Google Scholar
- 5.Y. M. Y. Haddad, H. B. Henbest, J. Husbands, and T. R. B. Mitchell, Proc. Chem. Soc., 361 (1964).Google Scholar
- 6.Yu. N. Kukushkin and I. D. Rubtsova, Zh. Neorg. Khim.,15, 1879 (1970).Google Scholar
- 7.B. R. James, F. T. T. Ng, and G. L. Rempel, Can. J. Chem.,47, 4521 (1969).Google Scholar
- 8.E. W. Stern and M. L. Spector, Proc. Chem. Soc., 370 (1961).Google Scholar
- 9.J. Smidt, Chem. Ind. (London), 54 (1962).Google Scholar
- 10.J. F. Harrod and A. J. Chalk, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,86, 1776 (1964).Google Scholar
- 11.J. R. Kilpatrick, E. J. Prosen, K. S. Pitzer, and F. D. Rossini, J. Res. Nat. Bur. Standards,36, 559 (1946).Google Scholar