Variation of Poisson's ratio in the course of a complete one-dimensional creep cycle
- 33 Downloads
By solving the system of differential equations of a standard solid, expressions are obtained for determining Poisson's ratio with allowance for the characteristics of volume and shear strain. For a material having values of Poisson's ratio in creep\(\overline \mu \)(0)<0.5 and μ(∞)=0.5, Poisson's ratio in reverse creep μ(t)rev>0.5. The volume strains that occur at the beginning of reverse creep have the same magnitude as the creep volume strains, but the opposite sign. The law of disappearance of the volume strains is the same for creep and reverse creep.
KeywordsDifferential Equation Shear Strain Opposite Sign Volume Strain Reverse Creep
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. V. Shamov, Mekh. polim. [Polymer Mechanics], 3, 52, 1965.Google Scholar
- 2.V. D. Brekhova, Mekh. polim. [Polymer Mechanics], 4, 43, 1965.Google Scholar
- 3.I. Ya. Dzene and A. V. Putans, Mekh. polim. [Polymer Mechanics], 5, 947, 1967.Google Scholar
- 4.G. A. Van Fo Fy and V. I. Ozerov, Prikl. mekh., 1, 8, 1965.Google Scholar
- 5.A. K. Malmeister, Mekh. polim. [Polymer Mechanics], 4, 12, 1965.Google Scholar