Energy dissipation from an extrudate in the gap between the screw rib and the extruder shell
- 24 Downloads
A dimensionless equation is derived for determining the energy dissipation between the screw rib and the sleeve of an extruder for a Newtonian model extrudate. The parameter ranges, within which the pressure at the exit from the screw and some geometrical parameters do not affect the dissipation, are indicated.
KeywordsGeometrical Parameter Energy Dissipation Dimensionless Equation Newtonian Model Model Extrudate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. N. Kaufman, S. V. Zakharkinskaya, and A. T. Listrov, Mekhan. Polim., No. 5, 924 (1969).Google Scholar
- 2.D. D. Ryabinin and Yu. E. Lukach, Screw Machines for Treatment of Plastics and Rubber Mixtures [in Russian], Moscow (1965).Google Scholar
- 3.J. M. McKelvey, Processing, Wiley (1962).Google Scholar
- 4.S. V. Nasyrova and I. N. Kaufman, Mekhan. Polim., No. 6, 903 (1966).Google Scholar
- 5.I. N. Kaufman, Mekhan. Polim., No. 5, 932 (1968).Google Scholar