Parametric vibrations of an orthotropic cylindrical shell with an elastic core. 2. Some numerical results
- 14 Downloads
It is shown that the operator of the problem belongs to the class of oscillation operators. The first five regions of dynamic instability of an elastic orthotropic cylindrical shell with an elastic isotropic core are determined in the first approximation. The effect of the core and transverse shear in the shell on the width and location of these regions of dynamic instability of the system is determined. The effect of transverse shear on the natural frequencies of the empty shell is established.
KeywordsCylindrical Shell Transverse Shear Dynamic Instability Parametric Vibration Empty Shell
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. L. Narusberg, Mekhan. Polim., No. 3, 470 (1974).Google Scholar
- 2.V. V. Bolotin, Dynamic Stability of Elastic Systems [in Russian], Moscow (1956).Google Scholar
- 3.A. S. Vol'mir, Nonlinear Dynamics of Plates and Shells [in Russian], Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 4.A. P. Filippov, Vibration of Deformable Systems [in Russian], Moscow (1970).Google Scholar
- 5.V. Ya. Yakubovich and V. M. Starzhinskii, Linear Differential Equations with Periodic Coefficients and Their Applications [in Russian], Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 6.F. R. Gantmakher and M. G. Krein, Oscillation Matrices and Kernels and Small Vibrations of Mechanical Systems [in Russian], Moscow-Leningrad (1950).Google Scholar
- 7.F. R. Gantmakher, Matrix Theory [in Russian], Moscow (1967).Google Scholar
- 8.G. A. Korn and T. M. Korn, Manual of Mathematics, McGraw-Hill (1967).Google Scholar
- 9.V. L. Narusberg and R. B. Rikards, Mekhan. Polim., No. 2, 267 (1973).Google Scholar
- 10.A. K. Malmeister, V. P. Tamuzh, and G. A. Teters, Strength of Rigid Polymeric Materials [in Russian], Riga (1972).Google Scholar