Mechanism of the oxidation of aldehydes by oxygen
- 30 Downloads
α-Hydroxyethyl peracetate (the adduct of peracetic acid with acetaldehyde) reacts extremely readily with cobalt diacetate, whereupon cobalt is converted to the trivalent state.
This reaction plays an important role in the catalytic oxidation of acetaldehyde.
The kinetics of the thermal decomposition ofα-hydroxyethyl peracetate to peracetic acid and acetaldehyde were studied. The rate constants and activation energy of the decomposition were determined.
KeywordsOxidation Oxygen Acetaldehyde Activation Energy Cobalt
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. G. Vinogradov, R. V. Kereselidze, and G. I. Nikishin, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1056 (1970).Google Scholar
- 2.C. E. H. Bawn and J. B. Williamson, Trans. Faraday Soc.,47, 735 (1951).Google Scholar
- 3.C. E. H. Bawn, T. P. Hobin, and L. Raphael, Proc. Roy. Soc.,237, 313 (1956).Google Scholar
- 4.C. E. H. Bawn, and J. B. Williamson, Trans. Faraday Soc.,47, 721 (1951).Google Scholar
- 5.R. F. Vasil'ev and N. M. Emanuel, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Otd. Khim., 387 (1956).Google Scholar
- 6.G. D. Lyubarskii and M. Ya. Kagan, Zh. Fiz. Khimii,6, 536 (1935).Google Scholar
- 7.B. Phillips, F. C. Frostick, and P. S. Starcher, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,79, 5982 (1957).Google Scholar
- 8.S. Havel, Sb. Vedeck. Praci, Vys. Skola Chem.-Technol. Pardubice,2, 137 (1964).Google Scholar
- 9.R. Zagradnik, Uspekhi Khimii,30, 1296 (1961).Google Scholar
- 10.M. K. Shchennikova and E. A. Kuz'mina, Trudy po Khimii i Khim. Tekhnologii, Gor'kii, No. 1 (15) (1966), p. 29.Google Scholar
- 11.E. Koubek and J. O. Edwards, J. Inorg. and Nucl. Chem.,25, 1402 (1963).Google Scholar
- 12.P. S. Starcher, B. Phillips, and F. C. Frostick, J. Organ. Chem.,26, 3568 (1961).Google Scholar
- 13.F. P. Dwyer, E. C. Cyarfas, and D. P. Mellor, J. Phys. Chem.,59, 296 (1955).Google Scholar